Movement Therapy can be often mistaken for OT , but it is so much more. If your child has Autism or Down Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy, have you considered movement within the body?
When I think of movement therapies, I think of
- Reflex Integration, which allows for unhindered movement
- Rhythmic Movement, which uses movement to calm and train the brain
- Cranial Osteopathy, which works with movement of CSF inside the body
- Chiropractic, which removes skeletal hinderance to movement
- Myofascial Release, which removes stress in our connective tissue throughout the body
- Manual Therapy, which helps with Lymph Drainage.
- Anat Baniel Method, which uses movement to create neural networks.
Movement is beyond OT, in fact, OT can even be the least consequential to functional movement for some children.
Today, I want to introduce you to my friend Becky Dawson, an Integrative Manual Therapist. In her podcast she talks about lymph, movement, and the ability of IMT to enhance function in a situation of chronic neuro-inflammation and seizures, with her son.